We collect the data necessary for you to use our app and for us to maintain and analyze the functioning of the app, to personalize the content of the app, and to display contextual advertisements.
We automatically obtain certain information about your computing device, including:
• Language; Locale (specific location where a given language is spoken);
• Time zone, session start/stop time,
• User agent string (UA),
• Technical device information (e.g. device model, operating system version, screen size);
• Push notifications token;
In addition, for users of Android devices we create a unique user ID and for users of iOS devices we use IDFVs to track your use of our Applications.
Although some of this information (such as IDFA, IDFV, Advertising ID, IP address) may uniquely identify your device, this information does not identify you personally. Some legislation (such as US) may treat information that uniquely identifies your device as personal information.
We will only use push notifications to remind you about your activities within the Application. You will receive push notifications only if you are subscribed to push notifications in the Application. To unsubscribe, please use the instructions provided below:
• For iOS: You will be asked to accept or refuse push notifications after an Application is downloaded. If you do not accept, you will not receive push notifications. Please note that if you accept, some mobile phones will allow you to disable push notifications later on by using the settings on your mobile phone. To manage push notifications on your mobile phone please follow these instructions: Open your Settings menu and tap "Notifications"; Find the Application; Tap on the icon of Application; Manage the "Notifications" option by sliding it OFF or ON.
• For Android and Windows: After an Application is downloaded, you will automatically receive push notifications. You can manage push notifications on your mobile phone by entering the "info screen" on the homepage of the Application and choosing the "Settings" option. Here, push notifications can be disabled by unchecking the "Notification" option within the Application.
We collect push notification tokens in order for us to be able to determine whether you are subscribed to push notifications. When you decide to unsubscribe from push notifications, such push notification tokens will be deleted from our database.
Transfer and Storing of Information
We store your information for as long as needed to provide you with our services. We may store information longer, but only in a way that it cannot be tracked back to you. We delete the information as soon as we do not need them for providing our services.
• For EU Countries
• For US
Storing might be different depending on the territory of collecting the information and the applicable legislation, but we always strive to store the information only as long as it is needed for the purposes of providing, improving or personalizing our services.
Deletion of Information
When information is no longer needed, we shall delete it using reasonable measures to protect the information from unauthorized access or use.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We disclose the information to our advertising and analytics partners so that we can display advertisements and analyze the usage.
We cannot provide all services necessary for the successful operation of the Applications or the Website by ourselves. We must therefore share collected information with third parties, including analytics providers, tracking providers, third party advertising providers and other third party service providers that support the Applications and the Website (collectively referred to as "Partners"). We may share information that can be used to personally identify your device (e.g. persistent identifiers such as IDFA, IDFV, advertising ID and IP address) for the purposes of delivering our services, displaying advertisements, conducting analysis and research and for measuring our advertising campaign performance:
• Third party analytics providers: For some Applications we use third party analytics such as Flurry, BigQuery, Google Analytics (for Applications), Google Analytics (for Websites) and Firebase Analytics for the purposes of delivering our services, conducting analysis and research. To get more information about how your data is being collected and processed you can visit the site "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Additionally we have also integrated Google Play Developer Console data like Impressions, Downloads, and Traffic Sources into a Google Analytics account to see how many times people viewed or downloaded our apps from Google Play. The device data we share with such providers are encoded. The providers may assign a random ID to these data and they are not able to match it back to You. Third party analytics providers have the right to process the data in accordance with their privacy policies (https://dev.flurry.com/termsOfService.do;jsessionid=uqkgc0o2r5m2 and http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/#nosharing) and such collection and processing is limited to the disclosure in aggregated manner, for the purposes of showing trends about the use of their services, for advertising services and marketing purposes. We can aggregate the data for benchmarking feature.
We may contract with additional Partners or change existing Partners in the future to perform any services in connection with the Applications or the Website. These changes shall be updated twice a year or promptly in case of material changes in our data processing practices.
We reserve the right to disclose your information (including personally identifiable information) in response to law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations, users or user experience. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger or sale we may transfer any and all information (including personally identifiable information) we collect to the relevant third party.
Third Party Terms and Conditions
Please note that your access to and ability to use and interact with the Applications and the Websites may be subject to certain third party terms and conditions and privacy policies, including but not limited to application stores, mobile software platforms, online gaming platforms, social networking services, statistics services providers and payment providers. You recognize and agree that HW Dictionary. JP is not liable for any such third party terms and conditions and their use of your personal information.
Protection of Personal Information
Third Party Sites
Our Applications, Websites, products and services may contain links to third party websites, products, or services. For example, the Applications may feature offers from third party advertisers or the ability to engage in transactions with such entities. Please note that while using such third party offerings, you are using sites, products, and services developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the actions of those people or companies, the content of their sites, products or services, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Our link to such third parties does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies. Nor is such linking an endorsement of such third party’s privacy or information security policies or practices or their compliance with laws. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location information or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. These other websites or services may place their own cookies or other files on your computing device, collect information or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of third parties with which you interact.
We are not responsible or liable for your interaction with such third parties, the information requests initiated by such third parties, or the subsequent use, treatment or dissemination of information you voluntarily choose to provide to them.
Our Applications enable in-app purchases.
Although some of our Applications are free, they include in-app purchases. In-app purchases may be made only upon entering the app store password and you are responsible for maintaining the security of such password. Your authentication and security maintaining is subject to specific terms of the app store and the OS of your mobile device. You should be aware of the iOS’ 15-minute and Android’s 30-minute window after the downloading of an Application, during which in-app purchases may be made without inserting an in-app store password. You should also take into account that OS 2.1 or older versions of Android mobile phones do not require entering of the app store account password to carry out in-app purchases.
We do not process payments for in-app purchases nor have access to your credit card information. Payment transactions for in-app purchases are completed through the app store via your app store account. Any post-purchase processes are controlled by the app store and are subject to specific terms of such app store.